I hope this message finds you and your family well and healthy.
Like you, I often find myself unsure and apprehensive of how best to navigate these uncharted times. Things are moving fast and changing rapidly and while that can cause a great deal of stress, I know that each day I have the privilege to serve something greater than myself, the youth of Larimer County.
Never has there been a time where the mission of Boys & Girls Clubs was more imperative than it is today. With school districts postponing in-person learning, there are kids in our community that will have nowhere to go during the day, no safe supervision, or access to basic needs and educational support.
Our mission calls us to step up in this moment for the kids in our community that need us most, and that is exactly what we are going to do. Starting with the new virtual school year, Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County will be serving youth in the following ways:
- Opening up our facilities for in-person, full-day remote learning support. Providing youth with access to technology needed for school work, meals, and a safe environment with trained, adult youth development professionals.
- Opening new sites within the School Districts of Thompson, Poudre, and Estes Park to provide full-day remote learning support.
- Exploring the possibility of providing a Mobile Club option, which would deploy staff and resources to neighborhoods where transportation is a barrier.
These sites will be operated in alignment with CDC guidelines and guidelines from the Larimer County Health Department to ensure the safest environment possible to support young people While we are proud to pivot quickly in this way, we can’t accomplish this alone. We are calling on our friends, partners, donors and community to step up with us for kids in Larimer County. To support these efforts we are in need of:
- Financial support to help cover the costs of operating our Clubs all day with COVID-19 restrictions. Currently, it costs nearly $45 per day, per child to provide in-person support.
- Consistent volunteers who are interested in assisting youth with school work throughout the day.
- Program supplies like: paper, art supplies, pencils, backpacks, chrome books, computer headphones, etc.
If you can support in any of the above ways or have questions about how to get more involved, please email email@example.com or visit our website www.BeGreatLarimer.org.
Together we will help our kids get through these unprecedented and challenging times and not let them down. Together, we are Stepping Up For Kids in Larimer County.
With Sincerest Gratitude,
Chief Executive Officer