At the BGCLC, we provide a safe environment that helps young people reach their full potential. We are available during the week, when kids are the least supervised and the most vulnerable – the after-school hours during the school year, all-day during the summer and school out days.
- Create a SAFE and accessible environment for everyone who connects with BGCLC.
- Have FUN and be passionate; bring your individual talents to the table.
- SUPPORT each other through meaningful relationships, work as a team, treat each other with respect and courtesy.
- Deliver life-enhancing OPPORTUNITIES for every child, staff, volunteer, donor, and parent.
- Hold each other to HIGH EXPECTATIONS; view feedback as a gift and push for excellence.
- RECOGNIZE and affirm each person’s accomplishments, help all reach their full potential.
At the Club Units, youth learn to work and play together. They are given structure and responsibility. They participate in activities and programs that are so entertaining they often don’t realize that they are learning principles and ethics! Their attitudes change, they become more confident, develop character, and learn why it is important to get an education. They are also motivated to avoid alcohol, drugs, tobacco, and early sexual experimentation.
In such an environment, youth can discover how to see beyond the walls of their current situation and realize they can succeed. They are becoming better people and better members of the community – our future citizens, our future labor force, and our future leaders. They are learning to be great!