Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us and at Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County, we want to make your experience online satisfying, secure and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County GATHERS AND TRACKS
Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County gathers two types of information about users on this site:
1. Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, sign up for our events, participate in our forums, email a friend, and to participate in polls and surveys.
2. Information Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This data allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances will the Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County divulge individual user information to a third party.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County gathers user information in the following processes:
1. Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches) We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page.
2. Sign up for events. Some events require pre-registration using an e-mail address and Name. This information is used only as a way to verify that someone registering for an event is the real owner of that e-mail account and, of course, to track who is attending that event and to communicate to those signed up. The information is not used for any other purpose.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County tracks user traffic patterns in this site. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser). To help us create better service for you, Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County sometimes tracks and catalogs search terms users enter into our Search function; however, this tracking is never associated with individual users. The information helps us determine which areas of our site users like and don't like based on traffic. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall.
USE OF INFORMATION
Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County uses information voluntarily provided by our users to enhance their experience in our sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County never shares newsletter mailing lists or event signup lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners. When we use tracking information to determine which site areas users like and don't like based on traffic, we do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of measures of user interest. But we don't track which terms a particular user enters.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County may someday create aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for sole purpose of making sure we are reaching our target audience. We will not disclose information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law, valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
• Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
• Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas that completely eliminates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.
Sign up for our e-newsletter
Sign up for our e-newsletter